Following a trip to the Veneto region, not only rich in superb art, architecture and archaeological sites but also with some of Italy’s best regional food and wines, we have a handful of new Blue Guides Recommended hotels and restaurants to share with you:
- Comfort and style on the Trieste water front: the Savoia Excelsior Palace Hotel.
- Good value, good location and clean in the centre of Aquileia’s Roman remains and early-Christian architecture: theAquila Nera Hotel.
- Luxury and charm in Browning’s Palladian Asolo villa: the Hotel Villa Cipriani.
- The best food of the trip in a spectacular setting on Lake Garda: Locanda San Vigilio.
- A reliable pizza in touristic Sirmione: Pizzeria Scaligeri’s
- Verona’s finest food and wine: Antica Bottega del Vino.
Note that our recommended listings on this website are by no means exhaustive – there are fuller lists in the books. These recommendations will be included in the next edition of Blue Guide Northern Italy. Comments welcome as always.